Name:
Location: Ft Bragg, North Carolina, United States

Conservative libertarian, soldier, gun nut. "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution or that have failed their purpose, or that impose on the people an unwarranted financial burden. I will not attempt to discover whether legislation is "needed" before I have first determined whether it is constitutionally permissible. And if I should later be attacked for neglecting my constituents "interests," I shall reply that I was informed that their main interest is liberty and that in that cause I am doing the very best I can." -Barry Goldwater

Friday, November 07, 2008

Thoughts for conservatives from Sen. Tom Coburn.

HT: Instpundit

A suggestion from me: Nobody symbolizes the ethical rot and corruption of principles of the Republicans in Congress more than Ted Stevens of Alaska. Assuming he prevails (and as of now, he still holds a slim lead) he should be asked to resign, for the good of the party, to allow GOP Governor Sarah Palin to appoint a serious limited government advocate to replace him. If he doesn't at a very minimum, demote him to make him the junior member of the party Senate caucus, and give him absolute last dibs on committee assignments.

Another thing: only Senators and Reps willing to make a no-earmarks pledge should be put on Appropriations committees.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home